New dates!! The 2021 Online ISS will take place from 9 - 27 August 2021.
- 12 May 2021: Deadline for registration (12:00 noon CEST)
- 19 May 2021: Deadline for application (12:00 noon CEST)
Register online to provide us with your contact details and the details of at least two referees. Your referees should be senior scientists, such as group leaders or professors at either a university or research institute, who know you well.
Registration is now closed.
Once you have completed the registration form, your nominated referees will receive a personalised link to the standard reference form and upload page. You will be notified by email when a reference letter is submitted.
We will not consider applications until we have received 2 reference letters. Therefore, please ensure that you contact your referees in time.
Information required for registration:
- Personal data, including your current / latest affiliation and contact details
- Contact details of your referees
Once you have registered, you will immediately receive a link to your personalised online application form by e-mail. If you do not receive it, please check your spam folder. Together with the link, you will receive a brief guideline on how to apply.
The application form will ask you to provide the information and documents listed below. As the form cannot be saved, we strongly advise you to prepare the necessary information before you begin. Texts can then be pasted into the form as required. The application must be completed in English.
Information required for application (click here to download an example):
- Details of your degrees (BSc, MSc)
- Details of any other post-graduate degrees, awards, honours or distinctions (description with a maximum of 250 words)
- Details on any research stay abroad during studies
- Details of past research experience
- List of your publications (PubMed format) and your conference contributions (title of presentation or poster, date and location of the conference), if applicable
- Motivational statement describing your interest in the ISS and your chosen groups, as well as why you would benefit from participating in the ISS (maximum of 300 words).
You will be asked to upload the following documents in PDF format:
- Curriculum vitae (max size 3 MB), including information on your:
- previous research experience
- awards & honours
- conference contributions
- list of publications in international peer-reviewed journals (PubMed format)
- A single file (max size 4 MB) containing:
- University registration certificate that confirms your status as a student (if applicable)
- University certificates including transcript of records
- High school certificate
- Relevant extra-curricular activities or awards
- English language test certificate (not mandatory)
For this application, we do not require authorised translations of your degrees. If you encounter any technical problems, please contact the ISS Coordinator (e-mail).
Your application will be evaluated in a multi-level selection process. We kindly ask for your understanding that it may take about 6-8 weeks after the application deadline until we inform you of the final outcome.