Eligibility & How to Apply
The ISS 2017 will run from 14 Aug - 22 Sep 2017.
- 13 February 2017: Opening of the call
- 12 April 2017: Deadline for registration (12:00 CET)
- 20 April 2017: Deadline for application (12:00 CET)
To be eligible to apply for the ISS you need to have been successfully studying a Life Sciences subject at university for a minimum of two years. Students currently studying for a Masters degree or conducting PhD research can also apply.
The ISS is an international programme, and applications are encouraged from students of all nationalities. The international nature of the ISS means that the entire programme is held in English, so you need to be able to communicate in this language.
How to Apply
The application consists of 2 steps:
Registration: provide contact details of yourself and referees. Once you have submitted this information, you will receive an email link to the online application form. Your nominated referees will also receive a personalised link to the standard reference form and upload page. You will be notified by email when a reference letter is submitted. It is important that we receive the reference letter(s) prior to the application deadline! Please make sure that you enter all contact data correctly since we cannot change it after your registration and emails are sent automatically by our application system.
Application: The application form will ask you to provide the information and documents listed below. As the form cannot be saved, we strongly advise you to prepare and save this information separately before you begin. Texts can then be pasted into the form as required. The application must be completed in English.
An example of the registration and application forms you need to fill in can be viewed here.
The online application form will ask for:
- Personal data, including your address and contact details
- Curriculum vitae
- University registration certificate that confirms your status as a student
- High school certificate
- University studies (including certificates of qualification and transcript records)
- Extra-curricular activities or awards
- A motivational statement describing your interest in the ISS
Please note that your documents should be uploaded as 2 PDF files:
- CV, max size 3 MB
- Education certificates, max size 4 MB
Certificates or copies of your University records are preferred in English. However, if not available from your University authorised translations are not necessary.