Registration for the IPP winter call 2020/2021 will be open from 10 September to 27 November 2020. Registered applicants can submit their application until 3 December 2020. This is also the deadline for reference letters.
1) Online registration
Register here and provide us with your contact details along with the details of at least two referees. Your referees should be senior scientists, such as group leaders or professors at either a university or research institute, who know you well.
Once you have completed the registration form, your nominated referees will receive a personalised link to the standard reference form and upload page. You will be notified by email when a reference letter is submitted.
We will not consider applications until we have received 2 reference letters. Therefore, please ensure that you contact your referees in time.
Information required for registration:
- Personal data, including your current university or institute affiliation and contact details
- Contact details of your referees
2) Online application form
Once you have registered, you will immediately receive a link to your personalised online application form by e-mail. The link is located at the end of the guidelines on how to apply. The application form will ask you to provide the information and documents listed below.
As the form cannot be saved, we strongly advise you to prepare the necessary information before you begin. Texts can then be pasted into the form as required. The application must be completed in English.
Information required for application (click here to download an example):
- Details of your degrees (BSc, MSc)
- Details of any other post-graduate degrees, awards, honours or distinctions (description with a maximum of 250 words)
- Details on any research stay abroad during studies
- Details of past research experience
- A list of your publications (PubMed format, maximum of 300 words) and your conference contributions (title of presentation or poster, date and location of the conference)
- Which groups you are interested in working with; up to 5 may be selected. Please note: not all groups offer projects in every call!
- A motivational statement describing your interest in the IPP and your chosen groups as well as your scientific goals (maximum of 300 words)
You will be asked to upload the following documents in PDF format:
- Curriculum vitae (max size 3 MB)
- A single file (max size 4 MB) containing:
- University studies as far as completed
(including certificates of qualification and transcripts of records)
- English language test certificate (not mandatory, only if available)
- High school certificate (if available)
If degree forms and records from your university or high school certificates are not available in English, we do not require authorised translations for this application. If you encounter any technical problems, please contact the IPP coordinator (e-mail).
3) Interview days
Preselected applicants will be invited to Mainz for interviews from 25 - 27 January 2021 if the pandemic situation allows. Otherwise we will inform selected candidates in due time about an alternative online programme.
On-site interviews will be held over 3 days and include presentations by the Group Leaders and the applicants as well as in-depth interviews in the group(s) you are interested in. Costs for accommodation and travel (also intercontinental) are covered by the IPP.
You must register by 27 November 2020 and apply by 3 December 2020 24:00 CET in order to be considered for the IPP winter call 2020/2021.