The IPP summer call 2017 is closed. Applicants will be informed about the outcome on 19 July. Our winter call 2017/18 will open in early September.
1) Online registration
Register online to provide us with your contact details and the details of at least two referees. Referees should be senior scientists, such as group leaders or professors at a university or research institute. These referees should know you well.
Once you have completed the registration form, your nominated referees will receive a personalised link to the standard reference form and upload page. You will be notified by email when a reference letter is submitted.
We will not consider applications until 2 reference letters are received. Therefore, please ensure that you contact your referees in advance of registering to inform them of your intention to apply to the IPP, and to confirm that they are able to provide a reference by the specified deadline.
Information required for registration:
- Personal data, including your address and contact details
- Contact details of your referees
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED (Deadline was 16 June)
2) Online application form
Once you have registered, you will receive immediately a link to your personalised online application form by Email. You find this link at the end of a guideline how to apply. The application form will ask you to provide the information and documents listed below.
As the form cannot be saved, we strongly advise you to prepare the necessary information before you begin. Texts can then be pasted into the form as required. The application must be completed in English.
Information required for application (click here to download an example):
- Details of your degrees (BSc, MSc)
- Details of any other post-graduate degrees, awards, honours or distinctions (description with a maximum of 250 words)
- Details on research stay abroad during studies (if any)
- Details of past research experiences
- A list of your publications (PubMed format, maximum of 300 words) and your conference contributions (title of presentation, date and location of the conference)
- Which groups you are interested in working with; up to 5 may be selected. Please note: not all groups offer projects in every call!
- A motivational statement describing your interest in the IPP and your chosen groups as well as your scientific goals (maximum of 300 words)
You will be asked to upload the following documents in PDF format:
- Curriculum vitae (max size 3 MB)
- A single file (max size 4 MB) containing:
- University studies as far as completed (including certificates of qualification and transcripts of records)
- English language test certificate (not mandatory, only if available)
- High school certificate (if available)
If degree forms and records from your university or high school certificates are not available in English, we do not require authorised translations for this application. If you encounter any technical problems, please contact the IPP coordinator (email).
3) Interview days
About 20 - 25 shortlisted students will be invited to Mainz for interviews from 18 - 20 September 2017. The interviews will be held over 3 days and include presentations by the Group Leaders and the applicants as well as in-depth interviews in the group(s) you could imagine to work with. Costs for accommodation and travel (also intercontinental) are covered by the IPP.
You must register by 16 June and apply by 23 June 2017 24:00 CET in order to be considered for the summer call.