Registration for the IPP summer call is closed. Thank you for your interest in our PhD programme. The application deadline for everybody registered is 10 May 24:00 CET. This is also the deadline for reference letters.
2) Online application form
Once you have registered, you will immediately receive a link to your personalised online application form by e-mail. The link is located at the end of the guidelines on how to apply. The application form will ask you to provide the information and documents listed below.
As the form cannot be saved, we strongly advise you to prepare the necessary information before you begin. Texts can then be pasted into the form as required. The application must be completed in English.
Information required for application (click here to download an example):
- Details of your degrees (BSc, MSc)
- Details of any other post-graduate degrees, awards, honours or distinctions (description with a maximum of 250 words)
- Details on any research stay abroad during studies
- Details of past research experience
- A list of your publications (PubMed format, maximum of 300 words) and your conference contributions (title of presentation or poster, date and location of the conference)
- Which groups you are interested in working with; up to 5 may be selected. Please note: not all groups offer projects in every call!
- A motivational statement describing your interest in the IPP and your chosen groups as well as your scientific goals (maximum of 300 words)
You will be asked to upload the following documents in PDF format:
- Curriculum vitae (max size 3 MB)
- A single file (max size 4 MB) containing:
- University studies as far as completed
(including certificates of qualification and transcripts of records)
- English language test certificate (not mandatory, only if available)
- High school certificate (if available)
If degree forms and records from your university or high school certificates are not available in English, we do not require authorised translations for this application. If you encounter any technical problems, please contact the IPP coordinator (Email).
3) Interview days
Preselected applicants will be invited for online interviews, which will take place from 2 - 9 July 2021. These interviews will include presentations by the group leaders and the applicants as well as in-depth interviews in the group(s) you are interested in.
You must register by 3 May 2021 and apply by 10 May 2021 24:00 CET in order to be considered for the IPP summer call 2021.