IMB's Scientific Management Department provides support in a number of areas. We aim to ensure that our researchers work in a vibrant scientific atmosphere and can focus on their work with minimal bureaucratic burden.
Amongst others, the department’s activities include:
- Recruitment and training of junior scientists, e.g. through IMB’s International PhD Programme, Postdoc Programme and International Summer School
- Career development for scientists at IMB, e.g. through initiatives such as our annual Career Day
- Management of scientific events held at IMB, such as conferences, workshops, retreats and IMB's international Seminar and Lecture series
- Support with the acquisition and management of external funding, such as project grants and fellowships
- Management of press and public relations, including IMB’s webpage, press releases and informational material about IMB, such as flyers and IMB's Annual Reports
- Organisation of IMB’s Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) meetings and research evaluations
The Scientific Management Department is headed by Ralf Dahm.