Advanced Training Programme
Careers in science are taking place in an increasingly complex and competitive international environment. As a consequence, to be successful, young researchers (i.e. PhD Students and Postdocs) need training in a variety of professional skills in addition to their scientific training. The Advanced Training Programme (ATP) helps young researchers to acquire these skills through a range of lectures, workshops and other activities. Among others, we offer professional skills courses on topics such as:
- Scientific writing
- How to give effective presentations
- Leadership and management skills
- Proposal writing and acquisition of grants
- Intellectual property rights and patenting
Keep an eye on our upcoming events page to stay up to date regarding our programme of professional skills training.
In addition, IMB runs a range of other training activities for young researchers. These include:
- Advanced Lectures on Gene Regulation, Epigenetics & Genome Stability, providing background information on the research of IMB and of all the Group Leaders involved in the International PhD Programme that IMB coordinates.
- A regular series of Seminars, Lectures and TechTalks that are open to all researchers. At these events internationally outstanding scientists present their research as well as the latest technological developments.
- Lecture series targeted at undergraduate and graduate students: "Introduction to Epigenetics" and "DNA Repair & Genome Stability" .
- Regular introductory and advanced lectures by IMB’s Core Facilities.
- Annual high-profile conferences that are attended by speakers and delegates from a wide range of nationalities and disciplines. These can be attended by all researchers who want to hear about the latest findings within IMB’s research focus.
This training is designed to provide young researchers with a wide breadth of skills and knowledge and will enable them to be successful in whatever future career they wish to take up.