Advanced Training Programme
Careers in science are taking place in an increasingly complex and competitive international environment. As a consequence, to be successful, young researchers (i.e. PhD Students and Postdocs) need training in a variety of professional skills in addition to their scientific training. The Advanced Training Programme (ATP) helps young researchers to acquire these skills through a range of lectures, workshops and other activities. Among others, we offer professional skills courses on topics such as:
- Scientific writing
- How to give effective presentations
- Leadership and management skills
- Proposal writing and acquisition of grants
- Intellectual property rights and patenting
- Career development and application
Keep an eye on our upcoming events page to stay up to date regarding our programme of professional skills training.
In addition, IMB runs a range of other training activities for young researchers. These include:
- Advanced Lectures on Gene Regulation, Epigenetics & Genome Stability, providing background information on the research of IMB and of all the Group Leaders involved in the International PhD Programme that IMB coordinates.
- A regular series of Seminars, Lectures and TechTalks that are open to all researchers. At these events internationally outstanding scientists present their research as well as the latest technological developments.
- Lecture series targeted at undergraduate and graduate students: "Introduction to Epigenetics" and "DNA Repair & Genome Stability" .
- Regular introductory and advanced lectures by IMB’s Core Facilities.
- Annual high-profile conferences that are attended by speakers and delegates from a wide range of nationalities and disciplines. These can be attended by all researchers who want to hear about the latest findings within IMB’s research focus.
- Career Days inform researchers of the range of vocations available to them and the skills needed to be successful within them.
This training is designed to provide young researchers with a wide breadth of skills and knowledge and will enable them to be successful in whatever future career they wish to take up.