- Since 2015: Assistant Professor for Bioinformatics at the Faculty of Biology, Gutenberg-University of Mainz (JGU) - Centre for Computational Sciences in Mainz (CSM)
Head of the junior research group “Computational Systems Genetics”.
- 2011-2015: PostDoc at the Faculty of informatics, Universita della Svizzera italiana (USI), Lugano, Computational time series analysis group, Institute of Computational Science
- 2011: PhD in Theoretical Biophysics at the Humboldt University of Berlin, Faculty of Biology
- 2007: M.Sc in Bioinformatics, Free University of Berlin and Konrad Zuse-Institute for Scientific Computing (ZIB)
- 2004: B.Sc. in Bioinformatics, Free University of Berlin and Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics
Please note that the Gerber group currently does not have open positions.
Most relevant publications by Susanne Gerber
A. Wierczeiko, S. Klingenberg, H. Todorov, D. Fournier, K. Endres and S. Gerber (2018). Changes in DNA-methylation of resilience related genes affect longevity. Genomics and Computational Biology, 4(2) p.e100040
S. Gerber, S. Olsson, F. Noe and I. Horenko (2018. A scalable approach to the computation of invariant measures for high-dimensional Markovian systems, Nature Scientific Reports, 8, Article number: 1796
S. Gerber and I. Horenko (2017). Toward a direct and scalable identification of reduced models for categorical processes. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, PNAS, 114 (19) 4863-4868
S. Gerber and I. Horenko (2014). On inference of causality for discrete state models in multiscale context. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, PNAS 111 (41) 14651-14656
Research website Susanne Gerber