Postdoc/Research Scientist in Cell Biology
The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH
funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation
is recruiting a
PostDoc/Research scientist in Cell Biology
The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (www.imb-mainz.de) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences, funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation, and located in Mainz, Germany. Applications are invited for a research position in the group of Quantitative Proteomics. The group uses modern technology to identify and characterize novel telomeric proteins in diverse species. Recent work includes the characterization of HOT1 (Kappei et al, EMBO J 2013) and ZBTB48 (Jahn et al, EMBO Rep 2017) as dynamic telomere binding proteins in human or TelAP1 in trypanosomes (Reis et al, Nucleic Acids Res 2018). Furthermore, we recently described ZBTB10 as a subtelomeric variant binding protein (Bluhm et al., Nucleic Acids Res 2019).
• Use diverse biochemistry, molecular biology and cell biology techniques to characterize telomeric proteins
• Provide guidance to PhD students working on similar projects
• Support lab members with your skills and expertise in a collaborative environment
• PhD in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology and related areas
• At least one first author paper in an international peer-reviewed journal
• Strong experience in wide-field and confocal microscopy, especially quantitative IF and FISH techniques
• Excellent communication skills and good team spirit with the ability to solve problems independently
• Fluent in English (spoken and written)
• State-of-the-art equipment (microscopy: wide-field, confocal, two-photon, dSTORM and STED systems)
• Strong core facility support in bioinformatics, microscopy, cytometry, genomics, proteomics, histology, protein production and media preparation
• A stimulating, diverse and international research environment and interesting collaboration opportunities
To apply, please email in a single PDF: cover letter, your CV, certificates of your qualifications, your publications and the contact details of at least two referees quoting Ref. No. #FBPD07 to personnel(at)imb-mainz.de. Informal enquires should be addressed to Dr. Falk Butter (f.butter(at)imb.de). IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Starting date: within 2019
Duration: 2 years with the option for extension
Closing date: 15th March 2019
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at www.imb.de/jobs/Data Protection.