1-2 December 2016
The second Challenges in Computational Biology meeting will focus during 2 days on the topic of Gene Expression Data Analysis. It will take place on 1-2 December 2016 at the Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB) located on the campus of the Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz (JGU), Germany. It aims at fostering international cross-disciplinary interactions between experimentalists and computational biologists interested in understanding the organisation and regulation of gene expression. The main questions to be discussed are what is the current status and limitations of related computational methods and resources, which methods and resources are being currently developed, and what are the challenges and developments needed in the field.
Keynote speakers and selected contributors (from submitted abstracts) will present their work in the following sessions:
- Dynamical Modelling
- Cell identity and reprogramming
- Motif analysis
A satellite Student Symposium on Computational Genomics organized by the Regional Students Group Germany of the International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB) will take place on 30 November 2016 (http://rsg-germany.iscbsc.org/symposium/).
Contact for information about the meeting, the submissions or the sponsoring: Fontaine(at)uni-mainz.de
- Jan Aerts - Leuven University, Leuven, Belgium
- Philipp Bucher - École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Laurence Calzone - Institut Curie, Paris, France
- Wataru Fujibuchi - Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
- Alexandra Henrion-Caude - Children's Necker Hospital, Paris, France
- Wolfgang Huber - European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
- Michael Stadler - Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
- Juanma Vaquerizas - Max Planck Institute for Molecular Medicine, Münster, Germany
- Jörn Walter - Saarland University, Saarbrücken, Germany
- Jana Wolf - Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
- Satellite Student Symposium: Wednesday 30 November 2016
- Main meeting: Thursday 1 and Friday 2 December 2016
- Submission of abstracts: until Friday 30 September 2016
- Notification of provisional acceptance: Thursday 20 October 2016
- Submission of revisions: until Friday 4 November 2016
- Registration: until Thursday 24 November 2016
- Miguel A. Andrade-Navarro - JGU / IMB, Mainz, DE
- Jean Fred Fontaine - JGU / IMB, Mainz, DE
- Andreas Kurtz - Charité, Berlin, DE
- Denis Thieffry - École normale supérieure, Paris, FR
- Vijay Tiwari - IMB, Mainz, DE
Call for oral presentations
The call for oral presentations selected from extended abstracts is closed. Selected extended abstracts will be published in the Open Access journal Genomics and Computational Biology (http://GenomicsComputBiol.org).
Call for poster presentations
Meeting participants interested to present a poster are invited to submit a title and a short abstract during their online registration. Short abstracts will not be published online.
The registration to this 2-day meeting also includes lunches and coffee breaks.
- Academic: 180 EUR
- Student: 135 EUR
- Other: 400 EUR
Registration is closed.
Please download the final schedule here. PLEASE NOTE there have been slight changes in sessions 4 and 5.
Start: 9:00 hrs on 1 December 2016
End: 14:10 hrs on 2 December 2016
Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB)
55128 Mainz, Germany
By sponsoring this event your institution will be highly visible to the community thanks to our web and various on-site opportunities. We thank the following sponsors for supporting this meeting: